The Young Protectors: Fallen Chapter One—Page 11

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Fallen Chapter One—Page 11 - Young Protectors Webcomics

Why do I get the feeling that someone is going to be in traaaa-bul?

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!

First let me thank a pack member who has been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Oct 11-17):

Ella R.

(You totally rock, Ella!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Oct 11-17):

Aikijou, Megan, Melly, Sara B., Chris D., Dani D., Anna F., Gary G., Anthony H., Lotta L., Taj M., Mark R., Dirk T., Heather T. and Adam W.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Aikijou, Megan, Melly, Sara, Chris, Dani, Anna, Gary, Anthony, Lotta, Taj, Mark, Dirk, Heather and Adam!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! While Adam takes his 8 week break, we are now able to continue with Cory’s story in Fallen Chapter One! Veronica Gandini continues her amazing coloring work with this comic, but let’s all please give a warm welcome to Fallen penciler Gabriel Mayorga in the Comments!

Welcome back, Gabriel! So good to see your work again!

And what are we seeing here? Karthak has dragged Cory back… where? And to whom?

Cory still seems pretty knocked out. Will he be able to escape from these monsters? And, if so, where would he run to?

And what did happen to Karthak’s sheep?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

“Someone threw away a perfectly good white boy!” :smirk:

Welcome, Gabriel!

1 Like

The introduction page of FALLEN IS here:

That’s for all of you who, like me, have to re-read and review the first 10 pages.
2 Likes

Much appreciated! :smile_cat: The-read was just what I needed.

Ooh, Gabriel’s pencils look great; honestly, even better than I remembered. I look forward to the finished, Vero-colored page!

2 Likes

He considers him an animal even though he is wearing clothes. Will speaking convince him that Cory is no animal? Is the talking T rex considered an animal?

2 Likes

Quintessential question eh? “Where are YOUR sheep?” Love it. Now, next? gah! Hate waiting!

1 Like

I don’t think Cory Alvarado would agree with that description. :slight_smile:

Gabriel is now working digitally on the lineart for these pages. (Before it was always pencil and paper.) I’m also really liking how they are turning out.

Good questions. In the first version of the script, I went quite a bit into the reasons for why they think that. But I found it slowed things down too much. So, we get some reasons in the upcoming pages, but a full explanation will have to wait.

To answer your last question, though, the laughing T-Rexes are definitely considered non-persons by Karthak’s family.

You won’t have to wait long. New page up tonight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, but “throwing away a perfectly good Latino boy” isn’t the quote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find that really, really wierd. He is obviously white. Just look at him. A blue skinned person not familiar with the catagories used on Earth might call him pinkish orange, but to a real life human, he obviously belong in the white catagory.

In her book My Imagined Country, Isabelle Allende discribes her bafflement when a US census taker refused to catagorize her, a Chilean of Scottish and Spanish descend, as white.

1 Like

I can’t speak to Isabelle Allende, but Cory Alvarado is Mexican-American. He identifies as a person of color, not white. (As he indicates in the page I linked to.) Neither his skin nor Spooky’s nor Amanda’s is as dark as Paul’s, but all four are people of color. And they would be baffled if someone called them “obviously white.”

2 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAA Cory and horn boy are back!!! On the one hand yay, on the other hand, aw heck now I gotta wait to see if Mitch and Past!Spooky are in danger. I do remember being similarly :frowning: when Fallen’s preview ended, though, so I’ll get over it ;)))
was about to say lololol are Karthak’s sheep the talking dinos, but nope, the sheep just got eaten by one.
Karthak’s dad (?) ain’t happy and Karthak’s just, “come on pleeeasseee” ahahaha

1 Like

I think you’re going to find this one fun, Julia. :slight_smile: