The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 92

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-pages-91-92/

Woah.

([You can see a higher-resolution version of this double-page spread here](http://youngprotectors.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/AMW_Comics_TYP_Double-Cross_CH3_Pg_092-093_1500.jpg).)

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. Especially now. And we had a whopping eleven new folks sign up over the last couple of weeks! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Bat mad, Photo Boi, Raul, Tunaria, Watcher9132, Ron C., James H., Jerry H., Lucas K., Jeff P. and Keno S.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Bat mad, Photo Boi, Raul, Tunaria, Watcher9132, Ron, James, Jerry, Lucas, Jeff and Keno!

And let’s also please thank totally awesome readers who were already Patrons, but who upped their pledge this week:

CountZero and Nadin B.

(Thank you so much, CountZero and Nadin!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Despite Flyboy’s momentum manipulation powers, the heavy cannon turned just a fraction of a second slower than Flyboy, causing it to bump his arm and then – KA-BOOM!

That was an incredible explosion! Why did it happen? Is Flyboy going to be OK? Is anyone going to be OK?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

(And thank you to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes! My computer chose my birthday week to die [alas!] and I was also enjoying a little fresh air with my sweetheart, so I haven’t been able to respond to y’all yet, but I will soon! Your kind words meant to world to me! Thank you so much! 😀 )

1 Like

Blue glow + purple magic = KA-BOOM? That did not happen with the rope. Then again, cannons are usually more explosive than ropes.

3 Likes

Now that right there is an Earth-shattering ka-boom. :wink:

(My guess is incompatible magics mixing together = :boom:.)

3 Likes

Now, everyone is deaf. Most have concussions. Amanda now has an “ouchie>” Glasses dude has serious road rash on his face (we can hope), Spooks is a bit battered and busy. Uh, Flyboy went splash? He still has his arm? Yeah, lets stick with a big earth shattering kaboom.

1 Like

That they are. And bigger. And heavier.

Maybe. :slight_smile:

And yes, our team is in trouble for sure. :slight_smile:

I see that Shades lost his shades. Shades, honey, do you have violet eyes?

1 Like

WELL FIDDLESTICKS
What a page!!! but holy cramoly i was not expecting Mitch’s arm to cause-- flails well that!!! and now i gotta wait even moooreeeee AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Now why would you think that, David? :slight_smile:

Ha! Luckily, you won’t have to wait for long…

Well, Shades probably wears those sunglasses for a reason. Maybe it’s a mundane reason and he’s simply sensitive to bright light. Maybe it’s an affectation from his teen years and he just enjoys the cool factor of sunglasses in his regular attire. But it’s far more likely in a superhero story that his eyes are unusual in some way and he’s hiding them like Cyclops or The Corinthian hide their eyes.

I think Shades might have glowing violet eyes. He wields violet magical energy, and he might have so much energy or not enough control over it that it leaks, and his eyes betray him. So he covers them up with sunglasses.

I also have not forgotten the purple-and-golden “SAVE HIM” eyes that appeared ever so briefly when Flyboy was sent back in time. That “Chekov’s gun” has to be picked up and used somewhere again in this story, and so, I’m thinking, maybe, in some weird way, Shades’s eyes are related to the SAVE HIM characters’ eyes. I don’t know how they can be related, though. Not all the pieces in this jigsaw puzzle have been shown yet.

And, oh, I dunno. Maybe you had Elizabeth Taylor, famed for her violet eyes, in mind when you wrote a story with vintage themes.

3 Likes

Those are all very good reasons, David. :slight_smile:

(But I don’t think I’m spoiling anything if I reveal that I had not thought of Liz Taylor at all when writing this. But maybe I should have been.)