The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 73

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 73 - Young Protectors Webcomics

Umm, is it just me or does that rope look familiar?

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. Especially now. And we had five new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Justin, Rolly Foxy, Alyssa B., Michael C. and Melanie H.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Justin, Rolly Foxy, Alyssa, Michael and Melanie!

And let’s also please thank totally awesome readers who were already Patrons, but who upped their pledge this week:

Carmine A. and Marcus W.

(Thank you so much, Carmine and Marcus!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Our heroes antics finally got The Man to show himself! Yay!

But… he seems stronger than last time. And he tossed away Mitch’s choo choo like it was a toy train. And he’s got that rope again. The rope that nearly killed Spooky.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much trouble are our heroes in now?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

What else has Spooky got up his sleeve? Is there any of his surprises that will work without touching the ground?

2 Likes

That rope definately looks familiar.
Hmmmm…
A one weapon villain maybe?
A trade of water for circus?
Or something altogether new and unique?

2 Likes

I’m really starting to hate that guy…

3 Likes

Alright Alex, you made your choice! Now I know they cannot win this arc… And you can’t convince me otherwise‼ The only explanation is that this is a parallel universe kind of setting and Amanda and Spooky dying won’t interfer with the present time of /our/ universe; As to Flyboy’s fate, maybe he’ll fuse with his arm’s glowing and become a powerful sunglasses-ed wizard, and 25yrs later will travel back in time hoping to save his young self and end up killing these 2 innocent buddies. Amirite or am I right?

I know this is exagerated, but really, they couldn’t defeat the minions (are barely surviving them actually), and now the really powerful, really bad guy shows up… How could this turn out okay for Amanda, Mitch and Spooky?

2 Likes

Laser Bear! :sunny::bear::sunny:

3 Likes

I hate to agree with a negative assessment but, there is definitely a “no win” scenario shaping up here. I worry that Mitch can be choked mid-flight with catastrophic results. Unless, and this is a big one, he can overcome the magic with his belief that “he want’s to fly” with the noose and it loses it’s effectiveness. Trouble is, “glasses” guy is smiling!

Hmm. :slight_smile:

He likes to use things he knows works.

Welcome back, b3nc0!

They are definitely in a pickle. But Spooky is at his best when all the odds are against him. Will he be able to pull yet another rabbit out of his hat?

This is one of, if not the most, dangerous opponent he has ever faced. We’ll just have to see…

Laser Bear 4ever.

He definitely looks very confident.

Why is this man smiling?

3 Likes

He just saved a lot of money on his car insurance?

2 Likes

The signs in the background are a nice touch:
Enter at your own risk
Run for your life

3 Likes

aw… Shades didn’t like the present. Who taught him his manners? :[
alternatively: hehehe, “yoink”
further…ly alternatively: UH OH DDD:

2 Likes

LMBO! Wish I had thought of that!

1 Like

The concept behind the artwork and the artwork itself are pretty spectacular for this entire battle. It’s all just so cool looking!

2 Likes

That commercial did come to mind. :slight_smile:

Those came from Adam, and I really like those too.

Glad you like that, Julia!

Thank you, Lee! This was a fun scene to write, and even more fun to see what Adam and Vero do with it. I asked for the moon in the script and, IMHO, they delivered the sun, moon, and stars. :slight_smile: