The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 44

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-page-44/

“And so you’re saying that would be a bad thing…”

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

(If you are a U.S. citizen and haven’t requested your mail-in ballot, please do so now! And if you haven’t registered to vote yet, you still have time — and you can use the form in the right sidebar here on my webcomics site!

Your vote matters. Now more than ever. Make sure your voice is heard in this election!)

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!

First let me thank a pack member who has been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Sep 13-19):

Toby

(You totally rock, Toby!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (Sep 13-19):

Reirotic

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Reirotic!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Sep 13-19):

Greysteel-, Joshua, morrigan24601, Setekh and Brett H.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Greysteel-, Joshua, morrigan24601, Setekh and Brett!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

Here is the awesome reader who has been supporting me and this comic for 48 months (4 years!) as of this week (Sep 13-19):

Liz

Thank you so much, Liz! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! We’ve learned a bit more about what it’s like to be Spooky — the boy who found himself in Hell with no memories of who he was or where he came from. And it seems he still has some feelings about that!

What does all this mean? Do you still think Spooky chooses to erase his memories? And if not, how does he lose them? And where does Flyboy fit into all this?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

Well, you know my theory. Although that “cold and empty” line also reminds me of my theory about Spooky’s missing soul.

Hmm… memories = soul? That’d be a new take, and also explain some oddities about how his powers work.

Interesting… :thinking:

2 Likes

Alex? You can be evil with your stories/hints. Just wanted to mention that. This is an epic (awe) page, you have to be inhuman to not feel something for Spooky.

1 Like

Poor Spooky :frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you, Bill. :slight_smile:

Yeah.

Ugh, god, this is heartwrenching ;_;
My gut reaction reading this was that, given his reaction here, well of course Spooky wouldn’t choose to voluntary erase more memories… But. A lot can happen between here and the present. And maybe what happens is painful enough that Spooky does make that choice. I’m very curious/worried about the possibilities that aren’t voluntary too, though…
rewinds brain wait a sec-- do we even know if Spooky has that power?!

2 Likes

Good question.