The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 100

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 100 - Young Protectors Webcomics

In reality, Flyboy is spinning way too fast to get out even a single word as he deals with one of these poles, let alone several. But I think it helps to know his thoughts. And I don’t do thought bubbles, because they’re creepy. Luckily for me, talking is a free action in comics. 😉

**HEADS UP:** This has been a crazy intense scene, and our hero artists need one more day to catch their breath from rendering Mitch's heroics. So, **our next post will be next Wednesday, instead of this Saturday** ! Hope to see you there! :smiley: Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (May 30-June 5):

Molli Elle, Gary C. and Zach M.

(You totally rock, Molli Elle, Gary and Zach!)

Tunaria and Zachary L.

(Four years of support! Thank you so much, Tunaria and Zachary!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 72 months (6 years!) as of this week (May 30-June 5):

David , Benoit C., Jennifer F. and Thomas G.

Thank you so much, David , Benoit, Jennifer and Thomas! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! The Man has thrown a zillion of these poles at Spooky, but Flyboy thinks he can divert them all with some quick spinning while flying and his momentum-transferring power! But surely, this is pushing the limits, even for him!

Will Flyboy really be able to stop all the poles? Is he just that good? And if so, will it buy Spooky the time he needs to stabilize Amanda so Flyboy can get them (and Daniela!) all out of there?

It’s a tall order. But I wouldn’t count Flyboy out! We really haven’t even begun to see what he’s capable of!

Tune in next Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

1 Like

I knew spinning was a good trick!

Love the art, BTW. Very Silver-Age Flash. I can’t wait to see it colored.

4 Likes

Is it it me or does Mitch fight somewhat like a seasoned adult?

1 Like

Superheroes grow up fast?

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see the larger version of this page on my computer rather than the skills screen on my cellphone. Great image.

1 Like

INSANELY good art here.

Kudos :clap: to Adam & Vero!

1 Like

Ohhhh I get it!!! Now he just… needs to do that a couple hundred more times…? …
I HAVE FAITH. in getting another strategy!! >w<

1 Like

That was definitely the inspiration I had in mind when I wrote the script. Did you like the colored version?

He definitely gives that impression. But he’s still young enough to make some big mistakes, if he’s not careful.

So glad you like it, Dave! Adam and I spent a lot of time on this one. :slight_smile:

Here, here!

Glad the action makes sense! (We worked very hard to make it more clear.) And yes — one down, only 105 to go!

1 Like

Oh yes, it was fantastic.

1 Like

Very glad to hear it. :slight_smile: