The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 50

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-50/

Good catch, Cory!

It’s my great pleasure to send out another, very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to the superheroes of this comic who have been supporting our work month after month!

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (July 28 – Aug 3):

Juanita A., David F., and Lachlan T.

(You totally rock, Juanita, David, and Lachlan!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (July 28 – Aug 3):

Zh

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Zh!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for a Woolfpack member who has been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (July 28 – Aug 3):

Rusty B.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Rusty!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 48 months (4 years!) as of this week (July 28 – Aug 3):

Nadine S. and Katelynn W.

Thank you so much, Nadine and Katelynn! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So! Cory just saved Mitch’s life! Or did he? Looks like Flyboy isn’t out of the woods (or magical trap) yet! Who will win out—Cory or the blood magic?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

3 Likes

Nooo… not Mitch!

I do believe in Cory! I do believe in Cory!

3 Likes

Oh, look at that! Cory can do more than just move things, what exactly is this aura he put up to protect Mitch? That’s interesting and also very much appreciated at the moment :smiley:
Though I guess this also means his location is now revealed to the remaining minions :frowning:
Hopefully he won’t get into danger now while still trying to help Mitch :worried:

2 Likes

Klaus? What’s up? Why would you withdraw a post? You seem to be a well worded man?

Oh Crap! Now what? Mitch, MOVE! Speed is of the essence, get out of the way, fly fast, dive, whatever! May Cory win!

2 Likes

I do, I do! I do believe In Cory, I do I do! Yep. Just like the book?

2 Likes

This is like the Charlie Manson story - - even in death there is a way to terrorize

2 Likes

He’s surprised us before. I believe in him too.

Cory’s telekinesis is actually invisible. As a reader, you just get special vision so you know what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the magic is closing in too fast for Mitch to escape it.

1 Like

First of all, I must state my admiration on how magic is used in these stories; magic is not just yet another way to throw a mean zap. Of course, this makes things much more difficult to predict or defend against.

The way the red magi-plasma is inching its way around Cory’s tele-cushion reminds me of a sequence years ago in the Fantastic Four when the Invisible Woman was in an alternate Earth where a science-based cowboy was shooting heat-seeking rounds at her. Sue had to reshape her invisible force field wall into a bubble around herself, then she ran away as if her bubble was like a human-sized hamster ball.

Cory will have to likewise totally enclose Mitch in his TK so the bloody ick doesn’t touch him. Then… uh, maybe expand the bubble? Would that even help? What if the crimson horror starts working its way down Cory’s energy pipeline towards him? Then what?

Oh, Cory, I hope Spooky can get back to help you toot sweet because I can’t think of any reasonable way you’re getting out of this.

3 Likes

i’m so proud of Cory but i’m afeared (⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯)゚YOU CAN DO IT GO GO GO~

2 Likes

MITCH!!! ^biting nails^ Please save Mitch, Cory! You can do it!

Happy Birthday to AdmiralJane and Saxon_Brenton!

1 Like

Thank you, David. Once I come up with an idea for a story, I’m always asking myself: how can I push my imagination further? How can I make X even cooler? And I try to do that with the magic in my world as well. (While keeping it consistent with its own set of rules.)

That’s a good idea. And with experience and training, I bet that would become a good tool in his toolkit.

Cory is well outside his comfort zone here.

He’ll do his best, Doki! There are few other people who care about Mitch as much as you and Cory do. :slight_smile:

1 Like