The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 43

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-43/

I’ve certainly enjoyed writing the Spooky Jones character. He will be missed.

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Tom, Carlos A., Clifford D., Shaun D., Michael J., and Ken P.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Tom, Carlos, Clifford, Shaun, Michael, and Ken!

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So! Spooky has done his best to reinforce the rips in the vines, but his power is clearly weakening. And The Platinum Priestess looks like she’s ready to move on without him.

That staff of hers looks awfully sharp. How many whacks do you think it will take to send Spooky into Jupiter’s orbit? And how long do you think he’ll last in the vacuum of space?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

A nice headstone slamming into the Platinum Priestess would wipe that arrogant smirk from her face.

4 Likes

A good thing that it is not this chapter that is titled the Death of Spooky Jones.

3 Likes

I’d say this is the perfect Moment for one of our two younger heroes to shine! Either Dave’s suggestion might be performed by Cory or Mitch uses his Mach 2 speed to catch Spooky and gt him away from that wormhole in time!
Though I’m also open to any other crazy last second rescue, so pls let your imagination run wild, Alex :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And then Deacon & Jeff fly through the portal on the way to freedom, knocking Spooky out of the way, right?

Right?

:rocket:

2 Likes

Alex! Go to your room!

1 Like

Ah. Spooky isn’t gone yet. The Platinum Priestess delayed long enough to monologue. Silly Priestess. And you just told us that magic is a matter of will. Oh dear oh dear. I suddenly feel much more hopeful for Spooky’s chances.

That staff of hers looks awfully sharp. How many whacks do you think it will take to send Spooky into Jupiter’s orbit?

Do you remember the owl licking a Tootsie POP? One… two… (crunch)

Three.

1 Like

Spooky also likes to hear himself talk.

2 Likes

OKAY LADY FIRST OF ALL (;`O´)o
you don’t know how much Spooky’s leveled up since you last met (neither do i but I STILL HAVE FAITH)
AND SECOND OF ALL
he has will in spades. just in general, but also not wanting to be yeeted into space helps with that.

1 Like

That it would. If only we knew a guy…

Knowing me, it’s more dangerous for Spooky that it’s not titled that. :slight_smile:

I’ll see what I can do! (But this is a pretty tough spot…)

That would be fun.

Everything I do is because I love you.

There’s always time for the niceties, no?

In fact, I do. :slight_smile:

A very fair point.

And Spooky still needs all the support he can get right now. :slight_smile: