The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 22

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-22/

That would be the sensible thing to do, right, Mitch?

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. So, I want to to send out a very special thank you and welcome to the new member of the Woolfpack this week!

Ciara M.

And I’d also like to thank a totally awesome reader who was already a Patron, but who upped his pledge this week:

Ben A.

(Thank you so much, Ben!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other Patrons are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Do you want to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So! What is The Platinum Priestess doing with that magical artifact and these kids? Is Spooky really just going to wait for backup? And, most importantly, has anyone reached out to @syllibub to let her know that her wife is back?!

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

I’m reminded of the time when they first introduced Kitty Pryde in the X-Men. Specially, when Colossus, Storm, and Wolverine were in cages held by the White Queen, and Storm rips a phone number slip off the inside of her costume to give to Kitty and gave her a similar go-and-call-for-help directive.

And then the crazies, er, flunkies spotted Cory, er, Kitty, and they start chasing her, and she ran to the back of the graveyard, er, room, and he ran into the church!, er, she dived through the floor! And then the White Priestess, er, Platinum Queen, er, whichever, yells “Fools! Idiots!” and then the chase scene truly began. Much fun. :wink:

Anyway, I agree that calling for help is a great first step here.Tell Mitch I’m sure if the children are in immediate danger of being killed or seriously injured, Spooky will let you act and try to drop heavy rocks on the Platinum Priestess or whatever it is you think you can do here. But until then, wait and watch and try to learn what she’s up to here.

Incidentally, how will the rest of the team get to the graveyard? Will they be using that aircraft from their previous encounter with the Priestess but in a more conventional way instead of relying on Mitch’s motive power? Does Commander have a helicopter or race car in her garage? Can Tsunami make a rolling hamster wheel of water so they can travel by speedboat anywhere? :ocean::speedboat::ocean:

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sircea & Emma Frost shop at the same boutique. :smiley:

2 Likes

So she is blond now? That’s a little unsuspected bc I think I remember on the first time kiss playing card she had more of brownish hair? Though then again that was in ancient times, maybe she was just… dirty… :joy:

Either way it’s somewhat interesting, yet alarming, that she seems to have only gained all the benefits from that ritual while Duncan became way younger (maybe because f their age difference though?) and also has the memory issue (if that’s not him faking it, we can’t be sure yet, though I want to believe him somehow).

So what is this all about? The age issue does not seem to be the important part here, so why kid sacrifices? Maybe she just wants us to hate her even more? :stuck_out_tongue: She really spares no effort there…

2 Likes

I went to my double-secret, absolutely-private, well-secured vault in the basement and looked at the Platinum Priestess’ FIRST TIME card and she’s a blonde. There’s also snakes, a demon, a stretch parchment, and a tied up, naked man who she’s kissing.

During ENGAGING THE ENEMY, I considered that she might be using the “Old Lady Blue” Rinse that makes gray hair shiny and smooth with a kind-of bluish sparkle but The Platinum Priestess never manifested the blueish highlights. I know what that looks like because the Symphony audiences are a veritable sea of gray hair with bluish highlights. I was saddened by that. She disappointed me.

(Remember, I’ve had tickets for so many years that I’m one of the male gray haired audience. So I earned the right to make fun of gray hair. :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

well. they don’t necessarily have to wait… I’m thinking one of our (relative) newbies might get a chance to use his power. not saying it’s a good idea but it’d certainly be interesting plot-wise ^w^
she looks younger huh? something tells me this is not simply a “stealing youth” plot, though, which is of course quite worrisome… (more worrisome-- i still kinda like her. me@me stoppit she’s hurting kids >:( )

2 Likes

ah, maybe the guy had brownish hairr then? x’D
My memory can be so bad sometimes…
And honestly your debate over the bluish grey made me smile a lot :smiley:

2 Likes

I know that audience! I used to work for an orchestra in college and I was astounded at the lines for holiday nog and mulled line at intermission for holiday pops concerts. Made the audience more enthusiastic during the second half, though! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay, very intrigued by the change in hair color too. And there’s some slight differentiation in face shape/structure from beforehand too, presumably from the de-aging. Will be very curious to learn further details as we progress.

I wonder if Cory will be able to find cell signal out in the middle of nowhere to place his call?!?!

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sircea & Emma Frost shop at the same boutique

Have they ever been seen together? Hmm?

I haven’t read that comic, but it’s a fun and apt comparison, David! :slight_smile:

The plane won’t fly without Flyboy (maintaining a real jet is beyond their means), but Commander might be able to hitch a ride on a helicopter with her ExSec connections. And I love your hamster wheel of water suggestion. I’ll ask Gordon if he thinks that’s doable.

The Platinum Priestess believes without doubt that she fully deserves your love.

The YP Communicator connects through the private, ExSec network so it has some extra juice. The government has promised not to listen in…

The Platinum Priestess and Emma Frost haven’t met. If they ever did, they would enjoy the initial conversation. But it would all end in tears.

2 Likes