New Demons Growing up in the Hell Dimension

Spooky’s discussion with Anaado hints that he was a young demon like Spooky was a 13 year old human.
Is the hell dimension creating new demons from some alchemical process? From pieces/parts like Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein? Or ?
Also, when those new and youthful growing demons reach a certain “age” are humans of roughly the same age/development kidnapped from the human dimension to keep as the demon child’s pets?

5 Likes

This is quite a good question! I just assumed that demons can also have “offspring” but maybe they don’t need a male AND female to do it? Or maybe they can like, take parts of themselves and form those into new demons? Also there seem to be quite big difference between “kinds” of demons. We have the overly intelligent ones and then “minions”. But it’s definitely something that’s interesting to think about :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I still wonder what sort of “demon raising” and procreation goes on in these various Hell dimensions of kingdoms or demon-dukedoms

3 Likes

That’s something I’ve given some thought to as well. And I might just get to explore it in a future arc… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lots of fertile ground for stories

3 Likes

Kyle is a demon prince, so they do procreate in some fashion.

I tore through the comic so quickly when I found it that I need to go back and reread it to pick up/retain the details, now that I have a better understanding of what is going on. Do we really know much about Kyle’s backstory?

3 Likes

I did a scan through the book because I remembered a particular page. . . Go to the ARCHIVES and read around Chapter 5 page 38. That’s not the first time Laampros reveals Kyle is his son but that page has a picture of Kyle’s past.

4 Likes

Good catch! The story mentions Kyle having a family and a sister that he burned accidentally. Does Kyle think he was adopted, or was finding out a surprise? How did Kyle end up with that family?

There are a few interesting things a few pages later that hints at Kyle’s origins.

Laampros says, “I created you [Kyle] in my own image.”

A few more pages later, he says, “But you—you are nothing more than an extension of my will.”

It would be really interesting for Alex to build on this someday.

One of my favorite things is when authors weave in “gap fillers” in an ongoing story, or taking the time to do that separately. One of my all-time fav comics was All-Star Squadron, which was basically one big “gap filler” book.

3 Likes

I have memories of Kyle being an orphan but I could be wrong in remembering that. I’ll see if I can find more in the next few days.

3 Likes

I would guess not much raising and lots of “figure it out for yourself or perish” as you are likely thinking. I’m imagining demon kids who are allowed to touch the hot stove and play with knives to learn things the “hard way.” Although having said that, Ikaroth looks like a rather nurturing demon in Chapter 3 of Legendary on pages 40-41.

3 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile:

Nothing but hugs and warm cookies from Ikaroth, Queen of Ice and Despair.

4 Likes

LMBO! Your comment is appropriate considering the discussion. Was this intentional o thinking one?

3 Likes

Spooky’s first time card describes Anaado as adolescent at the time.

1 Like

I have an idea