The Young Protectors: Fallen Chapter One—Page 7

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Fallen Chapter One—Page 7 - Young Protectors Webcomics

Well, would you look at that! Go, Cory!

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

It’s my great pleasure to send out another, very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to the superheroes of this comic who have been supporting our work month after month!

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Nov 3-9):

Olivia, Matt A., Amanda D., K D., Brian H., and Alaric M.

(You totally rock, Olivia, Matt, Amanda, K, Brian, and Alaric!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (Nov 3-9):

Annette, Kealii, Vince P., and Todd T.

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Annette, Kealii, Vince, and Todd!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for a Woolfpack member who has been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Nov 3-9):

Andrew D.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Andrew!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! If throwing rocks at the monsters doesn’t work, how about just throwing the monsters?! Looks like Cory heard some of y’all whispering in his ear over the last couple pages. Is that it for these beasties? And if so, what will Cory do for an encore?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

Mr. Blue speaks Dino!

2 Likes

haha! love it xD
Or maybe the Ts speak Shepherd?

2 Likes

WOOOOOOT!!! IN THEIR FACES!

Gosh, to be honest I didn’t think Cory has enough strength left, he seemed so exhausted after moving that giant rock and to be fair he just helped out a LOT with the minions which was literally moments ago!
Adrenaline can be quite helpful :smiley: I’m so friggin’ relieved for now :sob:

2 Likes

The threat of death seems to have inspired Cory into a solution - - after all when faced with “Death by falling into the rocky sea” And “Death by being ripped apart and eaten” are not inspirational fates. So maybe when dinosaurs evolve a “sense of humor” wicked enough to laugh at consuming their sentient prey, Shecky the Brown and his buddy “Horney the Green” ought to have evolved wings to cope with cliffs and high places.
Oh wait, then they might be dragons.
After the Meteor, they became crows who are carrion eaters. Watch them peck away at roadkill sometimes. ugh

1 Like

Dino flight one, leaving at Cory gate, departure, now!

1 Like

“ick” Really? Thanks for that. Just great for going with a late night meal.

I wonder if Shecky the Brown and Rusty the Green are playful pets of the Blue Boy?

1 Like

Ha! So it appears.

More likely. :slight_smile:

Very glad to hear it, Nadin!

It’s a fair question. We don’t know much about this world. Of course, he did seem to run from them… :wink:

For the Dinosaurs:

“The fragile splendour of the level sea,
The moon’s serene and silver-veiled face,”

1 Like

I think Alex was just doing us the favor or translating from Dinosaur to English to save us the trouble of having to type “Grroooaarrr” into google translator.

2 Likes

Wow. We almost got the flying dinosaurs into a midair kissing pose, à la upside-down Spider-Man kissing Mary Jane Watson. Did the dinosaurs themselves object? I bet they claimed that dinosaurs just don’t kiss the way gross humans do, that it’s not scientifically accurate, that they’re just good friends, or that they’re brothers (we can add that to the backstory, right?) and so on.

❧ ❧ ❧

One can only imagine them cuddling together at the base of the cliff, confused, wondering where these feelings are taking them, uncertain what the future holds. La sigh. Turn away. What tender words they exchange between themselves are not for us to hear.

1 Like

If Mr. and Mrs. T-Rex can talk, were they just trying to give Cory a hug? Are they “people”? Cory, you murderer!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes.

In the script I had them as different genders, so I hadn’t thought of them as brothers. But, I suppose, it’s not too late to retcon since the art could support a new interpretation. :wink:

Sounds like you have some real juice for some fan-fiction there, David. I’d read it. :smiley:

A fair question. But the only hug they were looking to give Cory was the one that ends with him in their stomachs. :slight_smile:

“Huh?” indeed. AND YEAAAHHH CORY NICE GOING OMG (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚ (b ᵔ▽ᵔ)b (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

1 Like