The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Two—Page 8

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch2-page-8/

We know where Cory wound up…

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Anna, Ringo D., Belladonna H., John M. and Alec S.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Anna, Ringo, Belladonna, John and Alec! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Spooky hears about Cory and then makes a big promise. I wonder what that’s about?

And it looks like Mitch has a plan to get himself back home! Or at least, the beginnings of one. But how will he find it? And if he does, will they even be able to get it to work?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

2 Likes

Panel 5? Bad-ass Spook’s. All the way. Yep. We see here what the future Spook’s is all about!

1 Like

Sounds all to familiar, right, Spooky? Poor boys :sweat:
Yet it gives me hope!!! At least we know that Mitch will most likely be fine (for now anyway), but what about present time Spooky?!?!?!

1 Like

He’s always had it in him.

Good question. :smiley:

Okay, here’s an interesting problem that’s starting to become apparent. Young Spooky’s already seeing the parallels between Mitch losing Cory to himself losing Anaado. And present-day Spooky was already hoping to use the Sphere Celestiale to rescue Anaado. So once Mitch tells Spooky about the artifact and what it can do, what’s going to stop young Spooky from wanting to use it to save Anaado? Just the attempt to do so could change history in ways Mitch is trying to prevent.

Hm. Possibly young Spooky is level-headed enough to recognize that’s he’s not ready to take on Velliok just yet, but still, the temptation to save Anaado will be very strong, won’t it? And if the Sphere lets you travel anywhere anywhen, why not rescue Anaado before he gets years of torture?

I do have an idea how this might resolve itself, but I don’t want to jinx it by saying. Mitch isn’t the only one who wants to protect the future by blabbing too much.

1 Like

Aw… Spooky’s been there. Or, wait, he will be there. The rescuing part anyway. …I’m just gonna be quiet lmao

That’s a very good question, David. :slight_smile: He’d certainly be tempted…

Spooky would do everything he could if he thought he could keep Anaado from being tortured. Anything and everything.

I’m intrigued. But I understand your choice to keep your own counsel in this matter. :slight_smile:

Ha!

Freakin’ time travel…