The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Two—Page 5

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch2-page-5/

Technically, Spooky isn’t lying to them…

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

It’s my great pleasure to send out another, very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to the superheroes of this comic who have been supporting our work month after month!

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Dec 1-7):

Edward B. and Cotina S.

(You totally rock, Edward and Cotina!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (Dec 1-7):

Ivan, Cyrus A., Aneil S. and Carl S.

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Ivan, Cyrus, Aneil and Carl!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Dec 1-7):

Aaron G., Steven M. and Tracy P.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Aaron, Steven and Tracy!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 48 months (4 years!) as of this week (Dec 1-7):

Semeiya and Christine M.

Thank you so much, Semeiya and Christine! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Not a lot of respect from these agents of ExSec for Young Spooky! But it looks like this isn’t his first rodeo, and even as a teen, he’s full of surprises.

Will he be able to change their opinion of him? Or will he get ahead of his skis and give away Flyboy’s existence?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

I suppose we should be grateful Spookid isn’t as snarky as he will be later:

“Do you understand what that word means?”

“Yeah, you want me to take my underwear off, right?”

Also, great twist at the end. Show of hands who wants a Young Spooky spin-off, even if Alex never debriefs him? :wink:

4 Likes

LMAO! Nuff’ said! Oh, wait, writing rules. Yep, go ahead. Be condescending to the “kid”. Yep. Bite my butt says “spooks”!

1 Like

SPOOKID!!! I LOVE ITTTTT! xDDDD

2 Likes

I love how we can already see traits of older Spooky by now compared to “just back from hell” Spooky from the former side comic :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a question about that spiky hairstyle on OVERWHELMING FORCE: How many bottles of hair gel does it take to maintain that? I haven’t worn my hair long since my hippy, war-protester days when the Beatles sang “…yeah, yeah, yeah.”

1 Like

I could see Adult Spooky using some variation of that. :slight_smile:

Glad you like that, Nate.

Looks like Young Spooky can give as good as he gets.

I like that nickname too.

Yep. He’s much more himself here. :slight_smile:

Perhaps it is a super-power, Dave.

SPIKE brand Hair Gel for the Discerning Lady … Guaranteed not to wimp-out out and leave your hair limp regardless of the action!
ADDED: quite a few years ago when I was in my last year of high school, a visiting businessman talking about various careers told my Senior Class that the most successful marketing exec he knew advertised the very first Hairspray for men. Rather than call it after the most famous hairspray at the time - AquaNet - he named it - Balls - for butch reassurance. Balls being more a masculine name than any dainty name for Hairspray. “Overwhelming Force” seems to me to be that type of marketing.

1 Like

OOOOOOOOOO
That mic drop was so loud i bet even hooded rip van winkle heard it >:3

1 Like

Heh. Spooky does do a great mic drop. :smiley: