The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Two—Page 18

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch2-page-18/

For the record, those are all Benjamins in the suitcase…

We are now just $4 away from unlocking a special, fully nude pin-up for all Patrons!

Some time ago, I commissioned a special, fully nude pin-up of Kyle and Anaado by artist superstar, Travis Moore . And I’ve been dying to share it with you.

As you know, this comic is my full-time job and I need to bring in $7,000/month pre-tax to pay for our professional artists and keep this comic going, as well as pay for those taxes and my basic living expenses. If I’m not at that level of support, I’m burning through savings, which I’ve been doing for a while now.

I originally set this reward at $6,500/month, but it’s become clear that until I’m able to bring in more readers, we’re not going to hit that number anytime soon, and I don’t want to keep Travis’ awesome work from you any longer. It’s just too gorgeous. I want you to have it.

Just a week ago, I moved this Milestone Goal to $5,500. We’re now at $5,496 in support, only $4 away! If we hit that amount, I will make this pin-up available for download by all Patrons during the following month. After that, it will continue to be available for $5+ Patrons to download anytime, along with the 62 safe-for-work and five other fully nude Milestone pin-ups they can currently download right now. ($10+ Patrons get to download an additional 17 NSFW pin-ups and they’ll get to download a high-res version of this one as well when it’s posted!)

I am deeply committed to continuing The Young Protectors story, and I wouldn’t be able to do that without the continuous support of our awesome Patrons, the Woolfpack. I’ve already released a beautiful (and safe for work) pin-up of Flyboy and Cory created by Travis. Hopefully, y’all will love this gorgeous new (and fully nude!) pin-up of Kyle and Anaado as much as I do!

Please let me know if you have any questions! And thank you as always for your interest and support in my work! :smiley:

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

King of Cliche, Wei, David B., Gene B. and Par S.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, King of Cliche, Wei, David, Gene and Par!

And let’s also please thank totally awesome readers who were already Patrons, but who upped their pledge this week:

RelwarcTheMighty, Jason A., Benoit C., Fernando R. and Nate W.

(Thank you so much, RelwarcTheMighty, Jason, Benoit, Fernando and Nate!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

So!

So! Ambrosia is prepared to pay big money to get Spooky to help her brother. But the Spookster seems unimpressed. Why can’t he take the case? And what does Flyboy mean “It’s too late…”?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

“We didn’t exactly believe your story.’
‘Then --?’
‘We believed your two hundred dollars.’
‘You mean --’ She seemed not to know what he meant.
‘I mean that you paid us more than if you’d been telling the truth,’ he explained blandly, 'and enough more to make it all right.”

Dashiell Hammett

2 Likes

“She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket.”

Raymond Chandler, Farewell my Lovely

2 Likes

Oh dear… Well I can’t say I remember the faces of the minions around when Mitch ended up in that time, but I guess he was one of them maybe? Else I don’t know why they both agreed about it so fast: Sounds to me they already know what happened to him and how else would they know if not from just a recent encounter :thinking:

2 Likes

A thought…

Spooky is one of only two magicians (and Sircea is questionable) who aren’t crazy.

Could it be that it’s too late because if he’s that deep into magic, he’s already insane?

2 Likes

UHHH, “oh, shit” time? That was one of the robe acolytes that was just wasted to save Spooks? She is not going to be happy. I truly hope she is not an incarnation of PP!

1 Like

All Benjamins? May I have one row please? I really need to get my truck going.

1 Like

yep, he is probably one of the guys killed previously, but what is the impact of this in the future? did this really happened like that before ? omg, this is SO GOOD

1 Like

More fun quotes. I dig 'em. :slight_smile:

(And they certainly fit the world Young Spooky admires.)

I’m not sure I understand, Nadin. Could you explain this more?

Hmm. :slight_smile:

Thank you, John! Both Adam and I liked the idea of exploring the tropes of Young Spooky’s magical noir past. Glad to hear that you’re enjoying things!

(And welcome to the Community! Good to see you post here, @John_Mor!)

Money, Money, Money. If heartrending tears and sobs don’t move you, then this will…
Quote:
The contents of the envelope were thousand-dollar bills, smooth and stiff and new. Spade took them out and counted them. There were ten of them. Spade looked up smiling. He said mildly: “We were talking about more money than this.”
“Yes, sir, we were,” Gutman agreed, “but we were talking then. This is actual money, genuine coin of the realm, sir. With a dollar of this you can buy more than ten dollars of talk.”
Dashiell Hammett, The Maltese Falcon

The Dashiell Hammett quote I remember: whenever I am in doubt what happens next, a man walks in with a gun.

2 Likes

I meant that I think her brother might be one of the minions that were just knocked out when Mitch came to the past through that portal. He knocked out the last one but there must have been more when Spooky got there first, right? It was just a thought but if YOU of all people didn’t get it the first time my theory must be far off :joy:

1 Like

Ah! Now I understand. Thank you. :slight_smile:

There was only one magic user who Spooky was fighting when Mitch came through the Gate. Since magic users don’t like to work together, the concept of a “minion” was not on Spooky’s radar until his recent battles with The Platinum Priestess.

too late for whaaaaaaaatttt??? ugh i’m forgetting something but i’m too tired to remember it fhfhfhfh falls into bed

1 Like