The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 99

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 99 - Young Protectors Webcomics

You can do this, Flyboy!

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. Especially now. And we had ten new folks sign up over the last week! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Daystar, Mike, Christian A., Travis K., Lenny L., Abdullah M., Julia N., Matt N., Jesse R. and Eric T.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Daystar, Mike, Christian, Travis, Lenny, Abdullah, Julia, Matt, Jesse and Eric!

And let’s also please thank a totally awesome reader who was already a Patron, but who upped their pledge this week:

Christopher M.

(Thank you so much, Christopher!)

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! There are like a zillion of those steel poles! The Man isn’t out of tricks, and this one looks downright lethal, no matter what he says! But Flyboy’s going to try to stop it! Somehow.

Um, how exactly is Flyboy going to stop all that flying steel? If he does have a plan, will it even work? And, most importantly, will Daniela’s heart grow fonder now that Flyboy is gone?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

1 Like

Spooky said that Amanda needs healing before she can be moved. This does not look good.

3 Likes

I think that there is no hope of stopping all of that metal. I think, reguardless of risk that the best bet if for Mitch to do his maximum burn and tag Spooks/Amanda to lift them out of the way at Mach speed! His instant momentum transfer would come in quite handy here. Effectively moving Amanda without much inertial risk.

4 Likes

Maximum Speed = Maximum Effort + Ludicrous Speed!

4 Likes

“They went straight to plaid!”

3 Likes

Ya’ know, I was looking over the page and panel three would be a great “mitch pic” without the word balloons. Take it from an out of shape old guy, Mitch looks great!

2 Likes

I’m sure Mitch put Daniela somewhere safe but my sense of perspective is a bit skewed at this point @_@
…what’s he gonna do, use mach speed to… squints knock the poles away somehow? I think it’d be better to just yoink Amanda and Spooky outta there. but then he’d have his hands full if they’re still trying to get Daniela off the premises. :[ uh oh

1 Like

Good memory, Klaus. Yes. That does limit Flyboy’s options here.

That’s a good point, Bill. The launch would likely start out safe. But would Spooky be able to keep her body completely still during the flight itself? And would Flyboy be willing to take that risk with Amanda if he thought there was another way?

Yep, Daniela is safe. For now. :slight_smile:

1 Like