The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 89

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 89 - Young Protectors Webcomics

Sometimes you get the fish. Sometimes the fish gets you.

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. Especially now. And we had four new folks sign up over the last week! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Valantis, Donald A., David G. and Bobby R.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Valantis, Donald, David and Bobby! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! The Man is down to just a couple minions. But he’s still not out of this fight! He just launched a very pointy stone statue directly at our favorite gumshoe wizard, and Spooky’s defensive magic seems to be having no effect!

Is Teen Spooky about to get skewered? What else does The Man have on his menu? And can Amanda and Mitch do anything to help?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

1 Like

Mitch, your turn! … Mitch?.. Mitchell, where art thou?

:thinking:

He might as well try to pull Spooky out of Spiky’s way instead of getting the cannon :see_no_evil:

Hope everyone stays safe :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Commander taking charge.

2 Likes

Or point the cannon at Spiky. Turn him into sushi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it. Take too long though maybe. Spooks will prevail!

1 Like

He’d have to get past those firing minions from the first and last panels, but Spooky could sure use the help!

As she was born to.

That’s an interesting idea. Do you think the cannon balls would work on him?

What takes too long, Bill?

1 Like

It’s a flying fiiish~~~ That’s our Spooks, quip at the ready. Looks like he’s not the only one in trouble though, Amanda watch out!!! DDD:

2 Likes

“There are very few personal problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosives.”

2 Likes

The act of pulling the swordfish away or moving Spooks. I think that is what I was going for. Mitch is somewhere in the background and even at Mach 2, he has no time to get to Spooks or the fish.

I did a Google search on this quote and the results were a bit ambiguous. Is this really from a fortune cookie?

Ah! You were replying to another commenter. Got it. :slight_smile:

I’m not actually sure. I got it from a calligraphic button catalogue 30 years ago. :slight_smile:

(I always assumed it was from The Young Ones.)

1 Like

The statement about the explosives is to the best of my memory a line from a sci-fi novel. Don’t ask me which one, sheesh, I have read maybe thousands? Some of the one-liners hang on though.

1 Like

Much like a statement from the Guardians of the Flame series of novels. Their resident, spy, saboteur, funny guy, “Walter”, on the question of having back up plans if his first plan goes badly. He replies “Yes! to die messily, horribly and in great pain! I never said it was a good backup plan!”

1 Like