The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 60

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double Cross Chapter Three—Page 60 - Young Protectors Webcomics

So, that’s why those flaming barrels were there!

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Jan 10-16):

Elliott R. and Luis R.

(You totally rock, Elliott and Luis!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Jan 10-16):

Cornelia S. and Davis T.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Cornelia and Davis!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for a Woolfpack member who has been supporting our work for 60 months of this week (Jan 10-16):

Niekchen

(Five years of support! Thank you so much, Niekchen!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 72 months (6 years!) as of this week (Jan 10-16):

Adriane, AlpineBob, Bryce, Cristov, Dave, Ekollon, Jane, Jim, Joel, K, Klaus, midwestmutt, Mikey, Mandy, Robert, Russell, Syllibub, Thomas, Adam W., Alvin C., Andre M., Andy N., Angela S., Ben H., Cheryl J., Cowgirl Z., Curtis O., Cydney S., Daniel B., Ellen H., Eric G., Erin S., GMark C., Hannah K., James W., Jim B., Jules J., Julia N., Larry F. & Wendy W., Leo L., Lisa G., Mark L., Mark L., Martin B., Michael B., Pam W., Rae M., Robert H., Robert S., Robert W., Sam K., Saxon B., Stefan N., Stephen C., Todd E., Toli B. and Veronika K.

Thank you so much, Adriane, AlpineBob, Bryce, Cristov, Dave, Ekollon, Jane, Jim, Joel, K, Klaus, midwestmutt, Mikey, Mandy, Robert, Russell, Syllibub, Thomas, Adam, Alvin, Andre, Andy, Angela, Ben, Cheryl, Cowgirl, Curtis, Cydney, Daniel, Ellen, Eric, Erin, GMark, Hannah, James, Jim, Jules, Julia, Larry & Wendy, Leo, Lisa, Mark, Mark, Martin, Michael, Pam, Rae, Robert, Robert, Robert, Sam, Saxon, Stefan, Stephen, Todd, Toli and Veronika! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Flyboy was swooping in to save the day, and suddenly there was a huge, electric, grid thing blocking his path. Total swoopus interruptus! And it looks like it hurt.

Will Flyboy be OK? If not, what can Spooky and Amanda do about it? Anything?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s one HELL of a bug zapper… :worried:

4 Likes

WOW! Even more than other pages (which are amazing!), the finished page for this will be super-amazing, I can just tell! Awesome page!!!

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I gasped at this page. I’m going to be tense until I find out what happens!

2 Likes

I was thinking exactly that. Now, how did they know to do that?

1 Like

Mystic eavesdropping? There was that glowy statue a few pages back.

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome! I mean, not for Mitch, but what a fantastic concept. Super creative idea and wonderfully illustrated!

2 Likes

Wondering why the ALGIZ rune was chosen that are on the barrels?

2 Likes

Great question!

1 Like

…what the hell?!? I was not expecting that at all (シ;゚Д゚)シ I mean, the wall in the first place. i knew it’d do something bad to Mitch >_<

1 Like

Well, now we know what those “candles” do. And if I’m understanding what I’m looking at correctly, it’s even worse than it looks at first glance. Mitch didn’t go through the fire net so much as get entangled in it. And that means it doesn’t matter where Mitch flies to, falls to, or if he’s pulled out, because the strands of fire are sticky and will still be connected to him and still be burning him until the strands are cut somehow. That’s very evil.

Logically, Spooky will now have to use some green-energy constructs like a green hand to grab Mitch and some green scissors to slice the net, but I bet Shades has anticipated that particular response – what if the sticky fire sticks to green energy too? – … so I hope Spooky has other options in those potion bottles to assist Mitch.

1 Like

Just for info, in the Eldar Futhark, ALGIZ is the rune of great personal protection.

1 Like

You know of this through study? I am not sure I could tell a rune from a room!

1 Like

Yep.

Thank you, Kendall! Did you like the colors?

Howdy Xavier! Great to see you here! And glad you found the page exciting!

Good point.

Thank you, Lee! I’m really happy with what Adam and Vero did with it. :slight_smile:

Welcome, Alaric!

Saxon actually has some interesting thoughts about that in the comments under this webcomic page:

I like how you think about traps. And so does The Man. He could use a sharp guy like you. :slight_smile:

Yep.

Yes, the finished version came out beauuuuutiful! :smiley:

1 Like

Yay! :smiley: