The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 46

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-page-46/

Very much wanting to do the right thing here…

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

It’s National Voter Registration Day!

Currently, early voting has already started in 8 states and a ton of absentee ballots have just been sent out in other states. If you haven’t registered, now is the time! (And I’ve made it really easy with a Register to Vote widget in the right sidebar.)

Get registered. Make your plan now about how and when you will vote. Then make it happen! This election in the United States has huge consequences. Make your voice heard!

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!

I’d like to send out a big thank you to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Sep 20-26):

Kevin K.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Kevin!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 48 months of this week (Sep 20-26):

Michaela H. and Jason W.

(Four years of support! Thank you so much, Michaela and Jason!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 60 months (5 years!) as of this week (Sep 20-26):

Devon and everyme

Thank you so much, Devon and everyme! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Spooky kissed Flyboy. And then Flyboy kissed back!

What does that mean? Was it on purpose? Is he trying to take advantage of Spooky? What does that look in Panel 4 mean? What does Flyboy do now? And what is Spooky going to say?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

The question is if Mitch knows that Spooky and Kyle are more or less dating in the present… technically they can’t be cheating since they’re both single, but on the other hand, I think if he knew, kissing Spooky would feel wrong to Mitch anyway.

5 Likes

I’m actually not sure. Are his hormones overriding his common sense? Has he actually done anything remotely sexual since he “got back”? Is he just going to comment that Mitch has something stuck in his teeth?

Not sure. Still want more smoochies. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Spooky, “Mitch?”, Mitch, “yeah?”,. Spooky, “you talk too much!” Spooky then proceeds to demonstrate exactly what that means! Time continuum be damned! This was meant to happen. The time line allows it because some traumatic event or mutual agreement Spooky unwillingly erases part of his memory. Later (in the present) Mitch explains what happens, apologizes and gets passionately kissed again by ol’ Spooks! They both agree that Spooks should stay with “demon boy” (lol) don’t want him upset or feeling guilty. Too hot lay the flames! They continue as great friends because the memory is unlocked and Spooks/Mitch can respond to it as melancholy and a great (brief) time shared. Time line fixed (wasn’t broken, had to happen, will happen, did happen (damn, that’s confusing!
nuff’ posted

3 Likes

Not to our knowledge. He and his former lover have put on the brakes on their relationship and we did not know how deeply they were involved. Was there a reference to one “event” by Mitch in a previous story? PS. Yeah, I don’t think Mitch should “go for it.” He’s proven he has ethics and this would make him ashamed of himself I think. Wow, lot of thought on a fictional character.
lol

1 Like

Close. Very close.

1 Like

Welcome, Arthur!

Mitch does know.

That’s quite a story you’re telling there, Bill! :smiley:

That’s what I like to see!

2 Likes

Added Spoiler tags. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome.

Seems like I need to reread the story as soon as I find the time. So Mitch is indeed being a naughty, hormonal teenager… :smirk:

I still think he’s going to hit the emergency brake… eventually.

2 Likes

What, Spooky? Whaaat??? (yay for being late + having to wait only a day to find out)
ahaha, poor Mitch is having a mini-panic. …Too cute!! >3<

1 Like

Unfortunately they do not work on the comic page.

It definitely would be in character for him. :slight_smile:

Yep.

Yes. I noticed that. I’ll have to find a solution…