The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 36

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-page-36/

Sometimes being Teen Spooky is hard…

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!”

First let me thank a pack member who has been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Aug 16-22):

Daan

(You totally rock, Daan!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 48 months of this week (Aug 16-22):

Adam, Karsen, Verzi, Buck D., Matt G., Alexandros I., Lee K., Mark L., Peter M., Brayon N., Ian R. and Gus Z.

(Four years of support! Thank you so much, Adam, Karsen, Verzi, Buck, Matt., Alexandros, Lee, Mark, Peter, Brayon, Ian and Gus!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

This is the awesome reader who has been supporting me and this comic for 60 months (5 years!) as of this week (Aug 16-22):

Kirk S.

Thank you so much, Kirk! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Spooky is suffering some kind of post-magic chills. And to fix it, he has just asked Flyboy to hold his hand! In bed! And now he wishes he hadn’t!

Will Flyboy be willing to forget what Spooky just asked? Will he now think Spooky is a total weirdo? Will things be totally awkward from now on? How much sleep is Spooky really going to get on that couch, with only a single blanket to keep him warm? And how will that affect his fight against Shades McEvil tomorrow morning?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

Oh wow I thought they were going to cuddle.

But just a little hand-holding? As a treat?

2 Likes

Oh Spooky… this is not the time to be self-sacrificing. :hugs:

Lucky for you, I bet Mitch’s heroic nature will shine through, and there will be mucho skin contact. :sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

I actually had a theory, back in the day, that Spooky’s chills are due to him missing (part of) his soul. I’m nt sure if the new information invalidates that.

2 Likes

Well, Spooks does imply that is all that is needed. Mitch may be weirded out. He hasn’t been exposed to this issue in his own time, has he?

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that! Great point!

1 Like

That is a great question for Alex that I’ll bet he won’t answer!

1 Like

gasp hand holding??? oh no that’s the sinniest of sins
anyway collapses WARN A LADY BEFORE U BRING OUT NUCLEAR CUTE PLZ
hol’ up a minute Spooky where are you going?? don’t make me reel you back in~~~

2 Likes

Is hand-holding as good as cuddling, Tink?

Mitch is very heroic.

It’s a good theory. I’ll be interested to hear what you think about it once we get to the end of this scene.

Not directly. But reviewing what I wrote that we haven’t published yet, there might be a clue coming up…

And what would the NUCLEAR CUTE be on this page, Julia?

1 Like

now that I’ve had a chance to absorbs said nuclear cute ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶, it’s… pretty much everything. Spooky’s “cannot spit it out/must spit it out” face in panel 4, him calling it a lame issue, Mitch’s lil “…oh” and his wait hang on look as Spooky nopes outta bed-- aaagh these boys falls into a fluff pile

2 Likes

LMBO! “Fluff pile”~ I love it!

2 Likes

Ha! OK. Well, I find your reaction to this page nuclear cute too. :smiley:

1 Like