The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 30

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 30 - Young Protectors Webcomics

I mean, do you… do you really?

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!”

First let me thank a pack member who has been supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (July 26-Aug 1):

LadyNyoko

(You totally rock, LadyNyoko!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (July 26-Aug 1):

Juanita A.

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Juanita!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for a Woolfpack member who has been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (July 26-Aug 1):

Ken B.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Ken!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to a member of the Woolfpack who has been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

This is the awesome reader who has been supporting me and this comic for 60 months (5 years!) as of this week (July 26-Aug 1):

Nadine S.

Thank you so much, Nadine! You are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Private discussion time! (I can totally hear Amanda saying “K! Thnx! Bye!” in Panel 2.) But this seems more like an intervention than a friendly chat! Ambrosia has just revealed that little Daniela is trapped in an abandoned amusement park with a supervillain, but Amanda and Flyboy think Spooky should steer clear of going anywhere near Dreamtown.

But a Teen Spooky is gonna do what a Teen Spooky is gonna do — right? If he decides to go, is there any power on Earth that can stop him? Could Flyboy stop him?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

Ambrosia is awfully snarky for a victim.

I’m just sayin’…

3 Likes

Amanda: “I can.” But of course we all know they are going to go there.

3 Likes

Wow. Huffy, pissy and bitchy. All just with a glance and comment. The Van Dumas chick is a great actress! Spook’s? I think he has plans for Mr. Warlock. Can he beat him? Sure! He survived a year in hell! Unless this guy is a demon in disguise, Spooks should be able to stomp him! Oh, the one pic of Mitch? Is that abs and a bulge? Gah! He’s built!

Well, whatever the deal is with Ambrosia, it’s clear we need a better plan than just rushing to Dreamtown right away. And Spooky! This is not the time to measure your dick. Stop a minute. How did Shades turn off your green magic in the church? Seriously, how did he do that? Until you know how he did that “impossible” thing, you’re just a kid sticking your head into a noose… literally. You need more information and you need a plan.

That said, I honestly don’t know what help ExSec can provide in this situation. Maybe they have information on this Shades guy? Or maybe the cultists that surround him? If he really needs those cultists, maybe target them and remove them first? Maybe ExSec can suggest tactics? Perhaps Spooky can first fashion some talismans that would be useful, some sort of magical kelvar or more of those enchanted knives like the one Flyboy had.

There’s gotta be something our heroes can do first to improve the odds later.

2 Likes

Neither wind, nor sleet, nor eldritch hell-brands can keep a good snarker down.

What do you think Amanda could do to stop him?

Spooky very much appreciates the vote of confidence! Maybe you’ll be able to convince his friends?

Amanda and Flyboy couldn’t agree with you more.

You offer some good suggestions. But Spooky wasn’t wrong when he said that ExSec is afraid of magic and most of its agents have little respect for Spooky. There’s a real question whether they’d want to help him at all. And these heroes know it.

I am sure she could think of something.

1 Like

Hm. That’s unfortunate. Still, there was mention of a liaison named Tom, was there not? What’s Spooky’s working relationship with Tom like? Presumably he’s less afraid of Spooky and magic than the average ExSec agent, I hope?

1 Like

Spooky’s relationship with Agent Tom Hastings is quite different. Spooky has earned Tom’s respect, and Tom will go out of his way to help him. Even if it hurts his career. And Spooky knows that.