The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 23

Original comic page at: The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 23 - Young Protectors Webcomics

Less with the gloating, more with the saving, boys…

Black Stories Matter

On this page, our readers suggested stories in the comments that featured black heroes, and I’m taking a moment to try to highlight one with each of our updates. This time, Patron Bill Clapie recommends we check out urban fantasy author, Alex Villavasso. (A fellow Alex! I like him already. :slightly_smiling_face: )

Villavasso has a monster hunter series, Blaze Monroe, and an “academy” series, Aiden Cross — both of which look really interesting. (I actually hadn’t heard of the “academy” genre but apparently it’s a magic school kinda thing. I’m sure y’all will be able to school me about it in the comments!)

All his books are on Amazon (and are 4 stars plus). He also has a woefully undersupported Patreon. If you’re looking for your next urban fantasy binge read, check his work out!

And if you know of another story with a black hero or heroes that you think should be getting more attention, please give it a shout out in the comments below! I want to share a lot more of these!

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. Especially now. And even though some folks needed to step back from their support last month, we continue to have a bunch of new folks stepping up as we start this new month, with 6 new Patrons joining the Woolfpack over the last week, which is very much appreciated! Y’all really are superheroes rushing in to save the day!

So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week

Michael, subsonicdeath, Jeff H., Daniel L., Kenyth M. and Lance W.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Michael, subsonicdeath, Jeff, Daniel, Kenyth and Lance!

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! With Flyboy’s help, Spooky was able to take out the lurking magic users, lickety-split! But Ambrosia is still in chains, and is nearly underwater! Will our heroes be able to get to her in time?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

I am disappointed in you, Spookid.

Everybody knows that the proper sound effect for ray gun blasts is “pew-pew-pew”!

3 Likes

I see the post about the “proper sound effect”. I was thinking “Bam-Bam”, wondering about the Flintstones! Nice page! Basic and straight to the point.

2 Likes

As you can see on Patreon, that was what was originally in my script. But after seeing how powerful this panel looked in the final art, I second-guessed myself because I did not want to undercut it.

But you’re not the only reader who is encouraging me to return to my original instincts here. Maybe I should…