The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 14

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-page-14/

Now, Spooky, use your words…

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

BIG HEADS UP! IMPORTANT! – I’ve talked about doing this for a while, but I am now officially going to retire the “Yaoi 911” domain name. It was a fun in-joke for my yaoi review blog back when I started on the Internet pre-2010, but at this point, it seems to confuse more people that not. And since I’m going to launch a big advertising push this summer to try to bring in new readers, it’s better to use something a bit more “on-brand” and memorable for our 800+ pages of kick-ass comics.

So, in a couple weeks, this website is going to move from “webcomics.yaoi911.com” to just “youngprotectors.com.” Nothing else is going to change—it’ll be the same comics, same format, same banners, same comments systems, same look, even the URLs will be the same (just with a different domain name.)

I’ll set up “redirects” so all your old links will still get to the right pages on the youngprotectors.com site, but I wanted to give you a heads up about this now so you can be prepared. If y’all have any question, please let me know in the comments below.

Hopefully, this will be the first step in growing our readership again. I haven’t really advertised since Project Wonderful went down, and it’s high time to share our work and this awesome community with the wider world. :slightly_smiling_face:

(P.S. If you know fellow readers who don’t ever read my little notes down here, please pass on the word!)

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

Your continued support has always been the reason I’ve been able to continue making this comic. And I am especially grateful to our readers who continue to support this comic month-after-month during this time. Thank you for letting me continue to create these pages. Thank you for being the real superheroes of this comic.

And so, I hope everyone will please join me in wishing a very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to those Patrons who have been supporting our work for a year or more!”

First let me thank pack members who have been supporting our work for the last 24 months as of this week (May 24-30):

Dawson and Graham B.

(You totally rock, Dawson and Graham!)

I’d like to send out a big thank you to members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (May 24-30):

Richard, Hunter F., Francisco R. and Victoria V.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Richard, Hunter, Francisco and Victoria!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for a Woolfpack member who has been supporting our work for 48 months of this week (May 24-30):

Emilio P.

(Four years of support! Thank you so much, Emilio!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 60 months (5 years!) as of this week (May 24-30):

kaelikat, KezzieZ, Jennifer F., Kurt H., Jaysen H., E K., Jeremy P. and Cj R.

Thank you so much, kaelikat, KezzieZ, Jennifer, Kurt, Jaysen, E, Jeremy and Cj! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! OK, in fairness, Spooky did use his words, and Amanda just wasn’t moved by them. Who’s right here? What did Spooky just do? And how do you think Amanda will react?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

1 Like

LMBO! Now it needs to be green!
Next, a magic ring! About ready to fall out of my chair!

1 Like

I’m not sure giving the girl with a military background a boxing glove is the smartest idea, Spooks.

3 Likes

I hope we get Amanda joining the adventure. There’s already a great dynamic going between the three of them!

Also, and I don’t quite know how to phrase this question well but…is Amanda’s skin tone markedly darker than we’ve seen when she’s an adult in later comics? Is it a heavy tan?

1 Like

Ha! Good point, Nate.

That might take some convincing—she seems to want to keep everyone away from the adventure right now!— but I’m glad the thought appeals to you.

We’re still tweaking the colors here, but in terms of skin tone, Spooky is darker than Flyboy, and both Amanda and Cory are darker than Spooky. If there is a change, it’s just an evolution of showing that more accurately.

1 Like

Oh no! Mom and Dad are fighting!

I suspect that Amanda will coldly demand to be let go or else, but before she even finishes saying that, Spooky will interrupt, and I think he’s going to tell her about Cory and try to use that as a trump card, reminding her of how he lost Anaado without actually saying anything about him.

Dunno how well that will work, frankly. It might just convince Amanda to call her mother later rather than sooner. Or Amanda may try to convince Spooky that he can’t just do this alone, and if he can’t accept ExSec’s help, he’ll need to accept help from someone else.

1 Like

Thanks; I’d been wondering about it for a while now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two weeks! Piece of cake, right?
Yknow Spooks, Amanda could just bop you one with that boxing glove. I don’t think she’s inclined to though…
She has a point about Magic Shades. There’s gotta be some middle ground!!

1 Like

I went back to see if present-day Spooky said how long his memory blackout was, and it was “almost two weeks” according to Double-Cross Chapter 1 Page 15. Considering that Mitch has “less than two weeks” to get back to present day, we can expect he’ll make it just in the nick of time.

And I think that’s probably who the mysterious eyes belong to: Justin Time and Nick F. Time, the eternally youthful twin guardians of the time continuum. Yes, twins. Prove me wrong.

2 Likes

An interesting theory, David. But does Amanda even know about Anaado at this point?

I don’t know. Maybe not. It has been stated that Spooky does not talk about his time in Hell, but he might have made an exception for Amanda, if anyone. Presumably Amanda continued to help Spooky recover from his experiences and acclimate back into Earth society. And we also know at some point, Spooky and Amanda were romantically linked, but perhaps that hasn’t happened yet. So it seems likely (to me) that Amanda could have intuited ‘you left someone behind’ or Spooky could have said as much before saying he didn’t want to discuss it further.

1 Like

I can tell you that at this point, Spooky and Amanda have not made any direct, romantic connection. They are still “just good friends.”

And Teen Spooky hasn’t shared anything about Anaado to anyone at this time.

But could Amanda have intuited something? Well, we saw how he reacted in Chapter 2 when Flyboy mentioned losing his own buddy to another world. We’ll just have to see. :slight_smile: