The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 10

I’m pretty sure that IS Amanda. That line about “fighting monsters” sounds very familiar. Let’s see…

Yep! Memory works!

I must confess, given how cute Mitch is, part of me thinks the next line should be “and why is everyone else still dressed?” :wink:

2 Likes

Spook’s apartment? Oh, wait, hospital bed. PS, why do they never finish saying, “what the hell” and other colorful pejoratives?

1 Like

Uh, he would be holding off on the sex bit I think. He and his boyfriend, can’t recall his name off the top of my head, have decided to cool it for the time being. I think Mitch would stay date free till he gets back with his bud.

1 Like

I know. He’s just so darn CUTE.

1 Like

Random comment. Since the page is uncolored currently, the contacts on his chest and the band around his upper arms had me thinking Mitch was rocking a Cosmic Boy-style uniform for a second:

(ETA: Yes, that’s a corset. Rokk’s Grell-era costume was weird )

3 Likes

Hmmmm… … …
Waking up without your clothes in a strange bed with electrodes attached to your body…
And Spooky thinks there’s nothing unusual or startling about that?
Gives one pause to say “Hmmmmm…”

1 Like

Ha!

Good detective work, Nate!

As a writer, I swore a sacred oath to never let any character finish a colorful pejorative.

1 Like

I respect that choice. It can be challenging on occasion when it would be so so easy to slip one in. But I like the creativity those limitations can bring out. Some fantasy writers I read as a kid got around that by just making up silly words/phrases or using created deities for people to curse with. That way, you could tell people were cursing by context without it being real cursing. Harder to do in an in-world story like this, but starting us down the path and letting the reader fill in the back half of the phrase of word gets the same effect while also keeping true to the oath. Well done!

2 Likes

Many of the Legion’s costumes from that era were pretty strange, imho. Saturn Girl was also basically in a swimsuit with but with taller boots and longer gloves. And Element Lad had a huge phallic up-arrow on his costume for some reason.

2 Likes

Whew. Glad to see Mitch and Spooky get to safety, and Mitch looks like he’s healing quickly. Not sure what that three-disc chest appliance is, a fancy heart monitor?, but I’m sure we’ll be filled in soon enough.

Also glad to see Amanda again. But this is gonna test Mitch’s resolve not to cause a time paradox by saying too much, isn’t it?

1 Like

Given the film posters, I’m guessing it IS Spooky’s place. Hospitals tend not to be fans of film noir.

Thanks. I’d tip my hat, but some idiot in sunglasses stole it.

1 Like

Aren’t they all essentially corsets? The artist just left the oblique side paneling in and removed the abs and pectoral fabric from any of the others. Now the bikini briefs are pushing the envelope for sure :smiley:

Like Mitch, I feel like I’m missing a page. Where’s the page were Spooky undressed Mitch to get him into bed? :rofl:

Great work on the whole page. I loved the transitional opacity and the background flair. It really feels personalized with the noir movie posters and 3 panel mirror. I actually would guess that it is Cassidy’s place, not spooky’s. It looks too well decorated and staged for a teenager. Not to mention Amanda’s comment about her enabling him to play 1940s dress-up. Who has the noir detective fascination? Spooky, or Cassidy?

2 Likes

Hum. Good catch. Along with the rug. I sit corrected!

Hum. Ok. I can accept that. Even in an adult graphic novel, I guess.

1 Like

“frell”. From a show many of you may know.

1 Like

I immediately thought “IS THAT AMANDA?” then decided to cool my jets and skim the comments
lo and behold I was right. aaaaaa I’ve missed her!!!
but oh dear, looks like Mitch needed quite the check up… :3

1 Like

I just googled ‘triptych diamond mirror’, and those things can be expensive! Depending on where you shop, it can cost from $500 to $600! Of course, my viewpoint is rather biased since I’m poor, so I don’t really go furniture shopping ever these days. Maybe that is a reasonable price for silvered glass in an unusual frame and I’m just too ignorant to know better.

1 Like

How many colorless pejoratives do you have ready for us?

1 Like

Thank you, Adam. :slight_smile: And now that I’ve fixed that glitch on my site, I’m looking forward to your next chapter re-read summary!

Maybe. :slight_smile:

Ha!

Thank you, Kevin! I’m glad you like the effect and the design of the page!

At this point? Both.

Yep.

I am fully stocked, Klaus.

1 Like