The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter Three—Page 1

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch3-page-1/

Anyone remember where Flyboy got that knife?

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU

Because we skipped an update, I’m going to thank both new and anniversary Patrons today.

I actually feel especially grateful to y’all right now. We’re living through an unprecedented crisis, one where a lot of things are up in the air. Our overall support is down a little bit more than usual. But in spite of all this (and maybe because of it), new patrons are still signing on, there are even patrons who are upping their pledges right now, along with all of you who continue to support this work month after month. It’s huge. It makes a big difference. And it means a lot to me.

Thank you, as always, for being the real superheroes of this comic. Thank you for letting me to continue to make it. Y’all rock. :grinning:

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Guinevere, Becky B., Anthony C., Zachary D., Salvatore G., Noé T. and Benson Y.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Guinevere, Becky, Anthony, Zachary, Salvatore, Noé and Benson!

And let’s also please thank totally awesome readers who were already Patrons, but who upped their pledge this week:

lifeless1

(Thank you so much, lifeless1!)

ANNIVERSARY PATRON THANK YOUS

It’s my great pleasure to send out another, very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to the superheroes of this comic who have been supporting our work month after month!

I’d like to send out a big thank you to members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting our work for 24 months of this week (Apr 5-11):

Alison and wat8548

(Two years of support! Thank you so much, Alison and wat8548!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Apr 5-11):

Stephen A. and Michael S.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Stephen and Michael!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 60 months (5 years!) as of this week (Apr 5-11):

Gaygamer, PockyPuck, A. B., Jason B., Michael D., Gregory G., Philip M., Zachary M., Geoffrey R. and Chris T.

Thank you so much, Gaygamer, PockyPuck, A, Jason, Michael, Gregory, Philip, Zachary, Geoffrey and Chris! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you all so much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Flyboy might be on his last legs, but he’s going to give everything he has left to try to save himself and Spooky! Will it be enough? Will he be able to get them both out of there? And, if not, what will The Man do to them?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :grinning:

No, but Imma go looking. :slight_smile:

EDIT #1: The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 24 - Young Protectors Webcomics ? It’s not glowing, but the glowing knife from earlier wasn’t given to Mitch. Perhaps it’s only a sometimes-glowy knife? :grin:

EDIT #2: And so it is, as it starts glowing here: The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 30 - Young Protectors Webcomics

3 Likes

Good catch, Nate!

Yep, it’s Spooky’s magic knife. It glows when there is someone restrained who needs to be saved. And it is especially good at that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woot! Mitch had an option I didn’t expect. I had quite forgotten that Mitch probably still had this knife. I was sorta distracted by a Platinum Priestess and Jupiter and freakin’ dinosaurs and more since the last time we saw it. Interesting that the knife still glows with green energy even though it appeared that Bad Guy had turned green energy off. Most curious.

{By the way, I wish I knew the proper terminology for the various magical energies in these stories. My various attempts to discuss them seem so clumsy at times. But I suppose I’ll just have to wait until there’s either a story about learning magic or a story about Ex-Sec making contingency plans about Spooky.)

1 Like

Ha! Understandable…

Spooky hasn’t given a name to his green magic. But he called the extra-powerful, golden magic he used “Enochian” and the extra-powerful, dark purple magic he used “demonic.”

Hm, that does sound familiar. I think he mentioned those terms during the first story arc when Spooky was explaining to Commander that he was trying to find the right mix of energies that would save the souls of the captives in the glass box. And I think I remember “Enochian” used again in reference to the markings on the bone artifact? I don’t know much about Enoch except I think he was a grandson of Adam and that he founded a city? But that’s all I know (or think I know) about Enoch.

I suppose if Spooky hasn’t named his green energy, maybe I (or others) should try to give it a temporary name until Spooky names it? I suppose there’s no rush for a name. I don’t know what Green Lantern calls his ring’s output product either.

1 Like

Well, if gold is Enochian (i.e. angelic) and purple is demonic, green is probably natural magic, so maybe Gaian?

(Actually, that may be why he doesn’t go nuts… he’s using natural magic instead of tapping into extra-dimensional mojo.)

What about red & blue magic, tho?

Enochian is the language of the angels, according to the 16th-century occultist John Dee.

1 Like

I like that. Not confirming or denying, but I like that. :slight_smile:

Yes.

He learned the green magic in Hell:

I suppose it is infernal magic.

1 Like