The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 66

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-66/

Ummm… is that what I think it is behind Cory?

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Toby, Franz B., Stephane C. and Julius D.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Toby, Franz, Stephane and Julius! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Cory is falling through a portal… and into the jaws of a monstrous T-Rex! Can Flyboy get to him in time? Will Flyboy need to go through the Gate to get to him? And, um, what happens if the Gate then closes behind him?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t you just hate it when that happens?

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
Can I just pretend that it’s still possible for Mitch to catch Cory’s foot and pull him back out of that?
Please? PLEASE?

1 Like

Nice trip, drop in next fall? (sorry). No! He must be saved. I think if he drops into dino diner he may well change the time-line! Don’t those windows disappear right after use too? Mell of a hess!

1 Like

You can at least until Saturday.

1 Like

Hungry dinosaurs are the worst!

It could happen!

I’m not sure changing the timeline will be the foremost concern in Cory’s head should he be eaten, but yes, it might indeed change things.

And yes, it has seemed like the Gates have popped away after they’ve been used…

Ha!

Oh, dear. There’s an unsettling chance the portal will vanish before Mitch can catch Cory and he’ll slam right into the ground. If Mitch dies, would he become a zombie too, or is the activation part of the zombie spell only for those who were dead when Priestess cast her spell? Please, don’t die, Mitch. Everyone will be very sad and upset.

The strange thing about seeing a T-Rex in the background of Cory’s portal is that it’s impossible to know right away if there’s time travel in the TYP universe, or if there’s dinosaurs on another planet, or if dinosaurs are still alive on TYP-Earth, or if that’s a shape-shifting superhero/supervillain in their T-Rex form, or if that’s merely a plaster-cast mock up at a Six Flags amusement park – and so I honestly don’t know how worried I should be for Cory if Mitch can’t catch him and Cory is stranded. On a scale of profanity, how effed are you, Cory?

no no no no NO!!! (╬ ꒪Д꒪)ノ (((φ(◎ロ◎;)φ))) !!(ノ*゚Д゚)ノ

A fascinating question. Based on what we’re seeing with the minions, that is a definitely possibility. But they were, of course, dead before The Platinum Priestess cast her spell.

It is not a plaster-cast mock up. And it is very hungry.