The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 64

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-64/

No one delivers on your worst nightmares like The Platinum Priestess…

Please note: These are work-in-progress colors. Vero should get me the final colors soon.

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Harrison, Kelby, Peter, Squencher1 and Gerry K.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Harrison, Kelby, Peter, Squencher1 and Gerry!

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So!

So! Spooky’s back and ready to help! Unfortunately, it seems his magic is useless against these zombies!

What is he going to do now? Could Cory rip these new monsters apart with a telekinetic tornado? And if he tries, would Flyboy’s buddy be in any state to use his powers safely and effectively? And where is Flyboy? I mean, how are they going to get out of this pickle?!

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

Thankfully it was way easier for Cory to get out of that grip than I thought :joy:
Yet the sheer number of zombies… Actually it might really be easiest to somehow stuff everyone in the car and let Mitch fly them away, given everyone miraculously fits in the car :sweat:

1 Like

Those corpses remind me of Ray Harryhausen’s skeletons in a very good way.

1 Like

“Oh, crap” pretty much says it all.

Any chance there’s a Boom-Stick™ in the trunk of the car?

1 Like

I think running away sounds like a great idea under the circumstances. But will these heroes do that?

Interesting. How so, Dave?

Alas, Spooky is famous for not using firearms, actually.

The most realistic and best living skeletons for fights and battles were Ray Harryhausen’s in Jason and the Argonauts and the Seventh Voyage of Sinbad. They were in done stop motion, BTW. The scenes are real treasures. These skeletal figures immediately reminded me of them.

1 Like

This looks like Evans City - - there’s an infamous cemetery there that was the birthplace of Zombies

1 Like

Oh, this is absolutely horrible. Imagine spending the rest of your un-life with only one outfit. I don’t know how they can stand it. At least the zombies are better dressed than the crazies. I’ll give them that.

1 Like

More seriously, that’s an interesting wrinkle, seeing Spooky’s emerald magi-blast just bounce off a zombie as if it was painted yellow. I imagine an indirect attack would still work, though. He could grab a chunk of rock with a green tentacle and throw it at one of them. Not very efficient, but still ought to work in a pinch.

Still, Spooky has more than one trick in his arsenal. Maybe he can animate the trees to fight for him or maybe resummon the laser bears to zap the zombies with lasers. They can’t be immune to all energy attacks. What about plain ol’ fire? Can Spooky construct a dragon out of green energy that breathes actual fire?

I’d also suggest making some portable holes for the zombies to fall into, but portable holes are already at this party.

1 Like

Interesting… Demons are living beings but not human, but zombies are former humans who are undead. seems like Spooky’s powers need some life force in their target to work? but thinking cap i guess inanimate objects are the exception, if I could remember whether he’s used his powers on them. (it was Cory who wrecked the Sphere right?) I know he’s used magical objects or conductors though.
anyway. yeah. crap.

1 Like

Ah, that’s right. I’ve seen scenes of that. Very cool, indeed.

Maybe instead of brains, they are just after Cory’s clothes?

Again, you have really good suggestions for Spooky here. If he can keep from getting too distracted, he still has a chance of staying on top of this.

You are right that Spooky can use his power on inanimate objects. This magical resistance is The Platinum Priestess’s doing.