The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 55

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-55/

Well, that can’t be good…

FLAMECON

FlameCon is this Saturday and Sunday (August 17-18) at the Sheraton Times Square in New York, and our very own Adam DeKraker will have a table there! If you’ll be attending this weekend make sure to stop by and say hi— he’ll be at table K96, with plenty of original art from the comic, cult film goodies, & copies of THE YOUNG PROTECTORS: VOLUME ONE!

NEW PATRON THANK YOUS

The only reason I’m able to keep making The Young Protectors is because of the very generous support of readers like you on Patreon. And we had a bunch of new folks sign up over the last few days! So, please join me in sending out a very special thank you and welcome to the new members of the Woolfpack this week!

Link H., Ramin H., and John S.

Thank you so much for your amazing support, Link, Ramin, and John!

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! You and the other members of the Woolfpack are all the real superheroes of this comic!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

SO!

So! What the heck is going on with that artifact? And what will it mean for Spooky’s stabby plans for The Platinum Priestess?

Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

1 Like

What the -! Hell. That’s what. Hell.

1 Like

Oh wow so all of this happened at the same time, not one after the other x’D I was somewhat certain that Spooky’s magic knives already hit PP and that Alex just spared us the fact… thinking back on the very graphical sacrificing of the minions that was almost an almost riddiculous thought though headdesk. Well it did give me suspense! And as I said before I wouldn’t want Spooky to become a murderer, however deserved it would be for PP, so even though we might face an even worse obstacle soon I’m somewhat relieved right now.

1 Like

In the words of the goddess Ivanova:

No boom today. Boom tomorrow . There’s always a boom tomorrow .

2 Likes

For several reasons, I don’t think we can find guidance from John Locke or Adam Smith with THESE unintended consequences. Cory, Mitch and Spooky are going to have to solve this problem all by themselves. I also don’t think that the Platinum Priestess is going to help.

1 Like

At least a highway in that direction.

Yep! Our heroes are all caught up now!

His friends would also be relieved.

There is always boom tomorrow.

I think that’s a safe bet. :slight_smile:

Jiminie crickets! What in tarnation is goin’ on?!
that second panel, boy. Spooky wasn’t playing around anymore was he. On the one hand (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ and on the other ( ⚆ _ ⚆;; ) it’s a moot point now y’all probably opened the gates of hell… again.

1 Like

Back on pages three, four and five of this chapter, Kanya the security guard hands a glowing artifact to Spooky and his exploration of it begins this adventure. What if (and I’ll say again What If) she is part and parcel of this “bring out the creepy evil presence in the artifact with blood sacrifice of children” deal in the woods? What if she is in league with the Platinum Priestess or this gang of true-believing minions who just sacrificed themselves? What if Kanya is just up for sale to the highest bidder? (no, not that way, the other, non-sexual, organized crime way) What if this was all set up and represents a grand double-cross. In an even weirder and stranger and more convoluted and Time-Traveling involved plot, WHAT IF - the piece of the artifact that just cracked off when the artifact hit the headstone on Page 54 (the previous page) is that same piece Kanya handed to Spooky and this involves time travel of the artifact as it searches for release? ? ? Perhaps the Platinum Priestess is being used by the evil forces behind the artifact?

1 Like

Nope. If he hadn’t been distracted…

Now that is some fun speculation, Dave. It’s even a question that Spooky might ask himself… if he weren’t so distracted.

1 Like