The Young Protectors: Double-Cross Chapter One—Page 52

Original comic page at: https://youngprotectors.com/typ3/doublecross-ch1-page-52/

I think this is my favorite page of art in this chapter. I love Cory’s freaked–out expression, and the overall layout. It was a real delight when Adam first sent me this page.

It’s my great pleasure to send out another, very special Woolfpack anniversary “thank you!” to the superheroes of this comic who have been supporting our work month after month!

First let me thank pack members who havebeen supporting our work for the last 12 months as of this week (Aug 4-10):

Captain Squirrel, Antonio C., and Hannah L.

(You totally rock, Captain Squirrel, Antonio, and Hannah!)

And a heroic thank you as well as for Woolfpack members who have been supporting our work for 36 months of this week (Aug 4-10):

Alex L. and Rick Z.

(Three years of support! Thank you so much, Alex and Rick!)

And let me also send out my biggest howl to those members of the Woolfpack who have been supporting this comic and our work from the very beginning!

These are the awesome readers who have been supporting me and this comic for 48 months (4 years!) as of this week (Aug 4-10):

Heruem, Emily F., and Ross Y.

Thank you so much, Heruem, Emily, and Ross! Y’all are so awesome!

Thank you allso much for your amazing, ongoing support! It’s the consistent support that is what really allows me to continue making this comic. You all truly are superheroes!

(Would you like to make sure this comic continues? Ready to dive even deeper into The Young Protectors world? Learn more about all the benefits of joining me and your fellow readers as part of The Young Protectors tribe on Patreon and then join the fun!)

So! The magic has broken through Cory’s defenses! And Flyboy is getting hurt! Maybe in a few seconds he will be getting dead! Is this curtains for our favorite flying super-hero? And what was it that Cory said that he now wants to reiterate?

Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀

1 Like

That looks serious. .

1 Like

Oh darn, hopefully the wound isn’t too deep D:
Seems like Cory is about to try sth else to stop the hurting Mitch, let’s hope he succeeds! But also I don’t want him to get into danger himself in exchange >_____<’

1 Like

I see psychic hell breaking loose. Soon all will be scattered to the four corners.

1 Like

I agree with your opinion on the art too. Well done. Emotion screams off the page even without color. Rage red would work.

1 Like

I believe it’s time for a Big No™.

3 Likes

I believe you are correct.

1 Like

that feeling when you have to wait until Saturday to find out what he says >_< but going by that pose he’s getting ready to unleash ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ a big blast of magic and blow all the attackers away :D? maybe??? Please??? anger and fear and so on are powerful amplifiers, but that also means powers might be harder to control…
i’ll just be over here hoping for an epic bullseye hyper beam a la Spooks vs PP (and praying for my boys DDD:)

2 Likes

Time to get dangerous.

It’s not trivial.

Cory would willingly sacrifice himself if it meant saving Mitch.

Signs point to yes.

Is it ever not time for a Big No?

True and true. And Cory has had some issues with control…

Sure. As the saying goes:

Violence is not the answer.
Violence is the question.
The answer is YES!!

1 Like